If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (310) 572-6132

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Will the Insurance company cover my Broken Pipe?

3/8/2023 (Permalink)

supply line break If you have a broken pipe, call a professional immediately.

If your home has a broken pipe, you need to act quickly. It may be time to call your insurance company and ask if they'll cover the damage. However, if you don't have a homeowner's policy in place yet or feel like it doesn't cover enough of the costs associated with repairing a broken pipe.

What insurance covers?

Homeowner insurance can cover a wide range of emergencies in your home. You may not be able to get insurance for a broken pipe specifically, and even if you do, the policy might not cover the full cost of the repair.

If you don't have insurance and need to pay for repairs yourself, there are some things to keep in mind. Check with your local utility companies and plumbers' associations before hiring anyone to do work on your plumbing system. They may be able to recommend reputable contractors who offer reasonable rates.

Call a Professional.

If you have a broken pipe, it is important to call a professional immediately. They will send someone out to assess the damage and determine what steps need to be taken next. The insurance company will likely send someone out right away to fix the pipe and clean up any water damage that may have occurred in your home or business.

You will probably need to hire a plumber to fix the broken pipe and clean up the water damage.

If your home insurance policy covers broken pipes, you may be able to get help with paying for repairs and cleanup costs from your insurance company. In order for this to happen, however, it's important that you tell them about the problem as soon as possible after discovering it--and before any major damage has occurred in your home or yard (like mold).

Broken water main.

Your home insurance may cover some of the cost of fixing your broken water main.

If you have a plumbing emergency, such as a burst pipe or sewage backup, and it causes damage to your property, your home insurance may pay for part of the repairs needed to fix that damage. However, most policies do not cover water main breaks (or "breaks" in general) because they're considered "abnormal occurrences." To find out if yours does, check with an agent or review your policy documents carefully before calling them up to make sure they'll be able to help you out with any claims related to broken pipes in your home.

Flood waters in your home.

Your policy may also cover some of the damage done by the flood waters in your home. You may need to pay a deductible, but this will be less than if you had to pay for everything out of pocket. You should check with your insurance company about what types of damages are covered under your policy and how much they'll reimburse you for them.

If you have a broken pipe, it's important to know if your home insurance will cover the damage it causes. You should call your insurance company immediately and ask about coverage options for this type of incident. If your policy does not cover broken pipes or floods, then you may need to find another way to pay for repairs or clean-up costs.

Other News

View Recent Posts